I’m fortunate to have, what most make up artists have commented, as ‘good skin’. I’m also fortunate to have Asian genes, and therefore age less quickly than Western women. However… in the past year, i’ve noticed some deep set smile lines that appear at the corner of my eyes in pictures. They’re SO obvious, that i got a major shock the first time i saw them. Goodness! Is that really how my eyes look in pictures?! Maybe it’s the lighting. Oh don’t beat yourself up over it. It’s just a picture.
And i left it at that.
Then more pictures ended up in my folders with the same lines at the corner of my eyes. Part of me is mortified, and part of me just shrugs cos What can i do? Age is age, and i just have to embrace it while preventing it as much as i can.
When i was at the Giuseppe Zanotti event a few weeks ago, i remember this conversation i had with Kevin (Clouds’ boyfriend). We were talking about how someone mistook me for a really young age and i was commenting how lucky i was for having a ‘baby’ face. You know what Kevin said? – “But i do notice you’ve got these crinkles at your eyes when you smile.”
Me: Goddammit! I thought it was only me who noticed it! OH WELL -_-
So i can’t kid myself anymore that i AM starting to develop wrinkles, and the most worrisome parts of my face (personally) are
1) the crinkles at my eyes
2) lines under my eyes
3) line from my nose to corners of my mouth, like where the cheek kinda starts to hang over *shiver* when you get older.
A few weeks ago i started using a new product Olay has come out with, called Olay Regenerist Wrinkle Relaxing Cream. Seeing i had just finished using my moisturizer, i was able to exclusively use this cream and nothing else for two weeks. I even brought it to Tioman and Shanghai with me.
The new Olay Regenerist Wrinkle Relaxing Cream is formulated by Olay scientists and is said to help reduce the appearance of wrinkles in just ONE application, and the appearance of deep eye lines in 14 days. That sounded pretty miraculous.
Then i read how nine out of ten international Elle editors testified that it’s an essential quick-fix wrinkle minimizer. I like the quoting of people in the fashion industry.
And lastly, another tidbit i picked up was how the cream works over time to reduce the volume of deep eye lines by 20% after 14 days of twice-daily treatment. Well, there’s no harm in trying this if it’s gonna help my eye crinkles!
Before i started using the cream, my facial skin was going through a rebellious phase and breaking out. I think i was trying too many different types of creams, washes and toners so i just STOPPED all of that; stuck to my regular cleanser and toner; and religiously applied Olay Regenerist Wrinkle Relaxing Cream every morning and every night. Of course, there are things that i like and didn’t like about the cream.
First few days when i was in KL (Day 3):
– i didn’t like the slightly gloopy consistency/texture of the moisturizer when i first started using it. Maybe it’s because i’m just so used to my regular creamy ones that this was unusual for me. A girl friend said anti-ageing stuff has to be sticky to work (?) so i thought the texture may be a good thing after hearing that.
– i really like how the cream makes my skin slightly matte after that. It’s GREAT to apply make up on, as moisturizer that doesn’t absorb quickly into my skin tends to make my make up slide off or streak easily.
After Tioman (Day 8):
– Was a bit worried whether this cream could take up ‘repairing’ my skin after a day of harsh sun and outdoors, but it felt smooth and fine after application.
– Also, still loving the matte feel cos my face didn’t feel sticky after taking my evening shower and going out for dinner on the beach.
After Shanghai (Day 14):
– I got really used to the cream in China, and actually looked forward to applying it regularly
– Also, i don’t know if it’s my imagination, but i do feel my face is less ‘tired’ looking. (The word that came to my mind was ‘chan’ but i don’t think everyone will get it).
– I can also clearly see how my skin has got smoother (incredibly)
Sorry to scare you with my makeup-less face, but it’s a lot easier to show you the Before and After pictures!
You can especially see how the line from my nose to the corner of my mouth is a lot less accentuated in the ‘After’ pic. How the new Olay Regenerist Wrinkle Relaxing Cream smooth skin’s surface is by filling the tiny “valleys” between fine lines and wrinkles with a breakthrough proprietary blend. This is what allows new Olay Regenerist Wrinkle Relaxing Cream to reduce the appearance of wrinkles in one application.
Besides its immediate benefits of being a quick-fix wrinkle minimizer, the cream also works continuously over time to reduce the appearance of deep lines in 14 days. The formula is packed with Regenerist’s signature Aminopeptide Complex, which renews the skin at the epidermis layer. In addition, a new biopeptide – Peptamide Y6 – is included in Olay Regenerist for the first time. The product’s high concentration of intense humectants enables skin to be more agile to expression lines, which slows down the progression of expression lines to permanent lines and wrinkles.
To add to that, a VISIA Complexion analysis system showed that just ten minutes after application, the average Wrinkle Severity Score on women decreased by 26%
See the results for yourself by picking up the new Olay Regenerist Wrinkle Relaxing Cream (RMxx.xx) at all Guardian pharmacies.
For more info and to LIKE Olay, click on facebook.com/OlayMalaysia